Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have got to blog more...

I'm gonna start moving stuff over from ye olde myspace blog, in an attempt to make the blogging thing work out more for me.
I quoted Mr. Rogers a LOT one day, so here we go...

*When we love a person, we accept him or her exactly as is: the lovely with the unlovely, the strong along with the fearful, the true mixed in with the facade, and of course, the only way we can do it is by accepting ourselves that way.
*Love isn't a perfect state of caring. It is an active noun like 'struggle.' To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now-and to go on caring even through times that may bring us pain.
*As you continue to work on your understanding of youself and others, you are really engaging in love.
*Love is like infinity. You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're equally infinite. Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
*It's a mistake to think that we have to be lovely to be loved by human beings or by God.

How smart was this man? I'd have loved to have had a conversation with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment